SECTION 1 – PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address, telephone number and email address. Harry Brown London may also collect some of the following personal information about you:• Details of transactions you make whether on the website or in store.• Details of your shopping preferences, such as your favourite products.• Details of your visits to the website such as your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
• Details of when you contact Harry Brown London by email, post or telephone. Please note that we might keep a record of that correspondence.
• Any other information from which we can identify you (or which is available on public registers).
SECTION 2 – HOW WILL WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We may collect your personal information through some of the following ways:
• When you register or use harrybrownlondon.com or harrybrownlondon.co.uk.
• When you contact Harry Brown London by telephone or email.
• When you enter any prize draws or competitions run by Harry Brown London.
• When completing any surveys that we send to you for research purposes (although you are under no obligation to complete these).
• When you are registered on the Harry Brown London in-store customer relationship management or “CRM” system.
• When you register or use Harry Brown London’s in-store personal shopping services.
• When completing any forms for transactional, employment or other purposes.
SECTION 3 – WHAT WILL WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
We will treat all your personal information as private and confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in certain circumstances, as set out below).
We confirm that any personal information which you provide to us will be held securely and in accordance with the registration that we have with the Data Commissioner’s Office. We will use and process your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, as amended from time to time, as well as any other relevant data protection or privacy legislation. The types of uses we will make of your personal information shall include the following:
• Process any orders that you make via harrybrownlondon.com or harrybrownlondon.co.uk (please note that your details may need to be passed to a third party in order for them to supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered and we may retain your details for a reasonable period of time after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees etc).
• Process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions (we may retain your details for these purposes for a reasonable period of time and we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions).
• With your consent, retain your personal information, preferences and details of your transactions in order to keep you informed by email, post, mobile messaging, telephone and/or through other digital means including social media platforms, about products and services (including special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on) offered by Harry Brown London, as well as recommending those which we feel will be of particular interest to you.
• Register you on harrybrownlondon.com or harrybrownlondon.co.uk where this involves setting you up with an account, we will use your personal information to maintain and update your account (e.g. such as a change of address or change in your push notification preferences).
• Improve the content and appearance of the harrybrownlondon.com or harrybrownlondon.co.uk to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you.
• Administer any prize draws or competitions run by Harry Brown London. Please refer to the specific terms & conditions for each prize draw or competition.
• Carry out assessment and analysis (for example market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the products or services which we offer.
• Enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Harry Brown London, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. As mentioned above, we may also disclose your personal information to carefully-selected and monitored third parties who are engaged to help us run, manage and improve the quality of the products and services that Harry Brown London offer, as well as for marketing and fraud and credit checking purposes. We require all the third parties that we interact with to treat your personal information as carefully and confidentially as we do.
• You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information or any other information we obtain about you, we are entitled do so.
• In circumstances where you contact us by telephone, calls may be recorded for quality, training and security purposes. Calls may also be monitored without your consent for the following circumstances: to provide evidence of a business transaction; to prevent or detect a crime; to investigate the unauthorised use of a telecom system; to ensure that a business complies with regulatory procedures; to see that quality standards or targets are being met; in the interests of national security; and to secure the effective operation of the telecom system.
• We will not keep your personal information processed by us for any purpose or purposes for longer than is necessary for that purpose or for those purposes. Under data protection legislation you have the right to access information held about you.
If at any point you no longer wish us to hold your personal information or you do not wish to receive information from us then you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at:
Harry Brown London, Hope House, 1 Warwick Place, Warwick Road, Borehamwood, WD6 1UA
Please note that in relation to our CRM system, you can ask a team member by email to update your preferences (e.g. you can specify that you are happy for us to send you e-receipts, but that you would prefer not to be included on our marketing mailing list, or vice versa). However, should you wish for your details to be removed from our CRM system completely, then you will need to contact our customer services using the contact details above.
harrybrownlondon.com or harrybrownlondon.co.uk may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and Harry Brown London does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal details to these websites.
SECTION 4 – COOKIES
Cookies make your harrybrownlondon.com or harrybrownlondon.co.uk experience more enjoyable – and below we have explained exactly what they are, why we use them and how they work.
Here’s a list of the main cookies we use, and what we use them for:
Adtrack, Affiliate, TD Cookies
This trio shows us how you found harrybrownlondon.com and which website you came from, helping us work out which of our online marketing channels is most effective. They also allow us to reward certain websites for directing you to us.
We use this to determine whether or not your web browser supports some of the features that make our checkout process quicker and easier to complete.
These cookies help us make the most of the money we spend on advertising. Google Analytics uses these cookies to discover when you first visited our site, how often you come back and how long you spend shopping. The information stored by these cookies can be seen only by the relevant teams at Harry Brown London and Google and never shows any confidential information.
We hope that explains things clearly – and please be aware you can set your browser to reject cookies or you can delete them yourself if you wish. For full information on how to delete cookies please visit aboutcookies.org.
Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy and cookies policy.